Friday 28 September 2018

           
                Constructing medieval structures!
An interest that has sparked this week is knights & castles. This interest came from one child sharing his ‘Me, my family, my world’ book.
“I’ve drawn a castle and that’s me with a shield.” (Pointing to a photograph)
Aaron
After sharing this interest, several other children wanted to join Aaron in our discovery area to explore this further. Together we documented what we thought castles looked like & then researched using media and materials (books) to investigate the properties of a castle.

"I am drawing a door for the soldiers to get into."
Ethan





"I'm going to draw the drawbridge." Faris




This interest continued into the afternoon, the boys were very keen in creating resources to extend their learning.
 
Together, the boys researched using Google images to find the appropriate shield for them.  Aaron observed that most shields have a cross in the middle.


"I can't wait to use my shield." Aaron




"I'm trying to make a bow and arrow, if I wrap this string around here it will keep it together." Reuben


What a fun-filled, exciting week we have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop! Drop and Snow....

"It is freezing outside!!!" The snow captivated some of the children today, which meant that they were able to spend some tim...