Friday 5 October 2018

Family Dining


We do lunches a little bit different in our Early Years. For the Reception children and those who access the 30 hours care; we have a 'family centred' approach and look at our lunches as a social way of developing those important relationships between the children and staff. The children are involved in setting their tables, serving and cleaning up after themselves.

Through Family Dining, they further develop their communication, social and emotional skills as well as reinforcing important life skills; such as using a knife and fork and saying please and thank you.

It is a lovely atmosphere, but don't take our word for it...



"I like it when we get our dessert." Reuben

"I like serving the bread out." Zach

"I like it when we listen to the Disney music." Robyn

"I like The Wizard of Oz music." Gracie

"I like talking to my friends and lots of people." Alice

"I love 'Fishy Friday!" Ella (Nursery)

"I like it when we tidy up all nice. When I do nice manners I put a smile on faces." Ella (Reception)

"I just love helping my friends." Robyn

"I can cut with my knife and fork now but I used to use my fingers when I was littler.
It's not tricky now!" Marley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop! Drop and Snow....

"It is freezing outside!!!" The snow captivated some of the children today, which meant that they were able to spend some tim...