Tuesday 6 November 2018

Distance


The further we are from something, the harder it is to see”- Scarlett

 Scarlett initiated a conversation on distance, which allowed for discussion and investigation to take place.

The children created dialogue with each other that created an opportunity for the children to test their ideas as they observed the length of the field to see how far they were able to see. 

Yeah, because our eyes can only see so far away.”- George
“How far?”- Lucas
“Well, I think sometimes you see things that are close and sometimes you don’t see things that a far away.”- Isabella
“What close things can we see?”- Amy
“The field is big, will I see you on the other side?”- Ben
Yes. I think we should try it out.”- Geoffrey
“If we ran on the other side of the field, we would be able to see if Scarlett is right.”- Megan
“This will be so much fun!!”- Holly

















“I seen so many trees. All of the trees, I seen every tree on each side. ”- Ethan

“You can see the grass, the sky and the birds!”- Leo
“I couldn’t see past the trees, they were blocking my eyes.”- Daniel
“I seen so far away.”- Sophie
“I could see lots and lots.”- Hannah
“I seen houses and they were not in our school!”- Fallon  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop! Drop and Snow....

"It is freezing outside!!!" The snow captivated some of the children today, which meant that they were able to spend some tim...